Sunday, February 5, 2012

Is it really important?

(Oh and this picture has nothing do what I am talking about but isn't he CUTE!)

So I have a issue ( well I have a lot of them but we don't have time for all that junk). My problem is I obsess over things such as..making lists, new TV show,( omg did you see the new Grey's Anatomy!), I'm obsessed with food, I am even obsessed with how people think about me, I know I'm weird, but I'm guessing this isn't a new concept for anyone having something they love doing.

      But its when these tiny little habits, things, or thoughts become much larger than God.. thats when these "obsessions" become a problem.

I know you probably saying "I mean really  dude you want me to give up my iPod, your crazy?!" and thats not what I am saying at all I'm not telling you to go live in a whole somewhere and seclude your self from the world all I am saying is are these things really more important than the One who created you, and also are these things actually benefiting your life?  1 Corinthians 6:12 actually says
                         " Everything is permissible- but not all is beneficial."
So what I think that means is yeah you can watch movies( as long as they are not more important than God) but is this movie really benefiting your life? Is it making you a person that God would be proud of? Is it going against what you believe?
               Because if it is you maybe want to re-evaluate
         some aspects that contribute to your life. 
Think about that. Ponder on it if you would like. 
 I have been thinking that if God was to ask me to give this up right now, would I be able. I guess thats how you know how very important it is to you. I challenge you to maybe ask yourself, would you be able to give up the possession you love most?



See yah! 
Allison Kate :) 

1 comment: